Another new feature coming to this latest upgrade is multiple account support. Users can now choose on the fly which account to use for voice, IM and HD calling.
Bria 3.1’s other major new features include:
- Deskphone mode for using Bria to control basic functions of a deskphone
- Short Message Service (SMS) support (for custom builds), providing additional messaging capabilities
- User-configurable favorites lists, which provide quick and easy access to preferred methods of communication
- User-configurable keyboard shortcuts for quickly accessing Bria functions (Windows only)
- Additional call-management options, including call hold collapse and streamlined steps for common tasks such as conferencing and transferring
- Bandwidth-saving features, including the ability to select from three levels of performance and codecs depending on a PC’s capability to display video
- Improved USB HID support (more devices)
- Embedded Web module support
- Additional languages: Chinese, Dutch, Japanese and Russian (Windows only)
Current Bria 3.0 users will be automatically updated to Bria 3.1 when the new software is available. For more information about Bria 3.1, visit http://www.counterpath.com/bria.html.
Subscribe to Chromis Technology
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox